The ume blossom festival
The ume blossom festival on February 25 has a tea ceremony where the geiko and maiko of Kamishichiken come to serve matcha and sweets. The Bai-en (ume garden) is open to the public, and Also, on the 25th of each month, there is a street market called “Tenjin-san’s Festival” that is held within the shrine grounds as well as in the outer areas.
■ The ume blossom festival Overview
- Duration: February 25 every year
- Time: 10: 00 ~ 17: 00
- Required time: 30 minutes
- Application: unnecessary
- Cost: Free
- Model Course of the day
- 8:00 “HARUYA Umekouji”→ Bus 32min → Get off at Kitano Hakubaicho bus stop → Walk 5min → Kitano Tenmangu Shrine
- Kitano Tenmangu Shrine Official web siteLink
- Place: Kitano Tenmangu Shrine, Kyoto
- Access: From “HARUYA Umekouji” bus 30 min（Each10min JPY230）
4 different tastes of 100 years Machiya architecture, “HARUYA Umekouji” is. 8 minutes by bus (15 minutes walk) from Kyoto station. Walking distance to two world heritage sites (Toji, Nishihonganji). One way bus stop to Kiyomizu Temple, Gion, Kinkakuji etc. Long-established Kyoto style such as Japanese garden, lattice, round window, edge side are respectfully inherited.
Address: 1-12 waki-cho Shimogyo-ku, KYOTO, JAPAN