* Please be careful not to make a mistake with HARUYA sister branches.
* Check-in is from 16: 00-21: 00 and check-out is 11: 00.
No extra charge for the monk ceremony experience activity.
Every morning we can experience Monk Ceremony for free in Chion-in Temple.
We can experience it easy even for those who are “I wonder if I can do it for the first time”, “I am interested, but I do not have much time”.
【Easy for beginners】
There is a scripture for free rental. We read Buddhist scriptures with monks. Despite early in the morning, many people visit regardless of religious denominations including children and foreigners.
* 10 minutes walk from “HARUYA Higashiyama”
* Even at the start time of the sunrise, it is possible to participate only by walking. Front staff will guide you on detailed paths to the venue.
- Date and time:
Every day, the chapter talk is held in accordance with the time of the sunrise and the morning ritual.It is about five o’clock in summer and six o’clock in winter. For correct time, please ask front desk.
- Time required: 100 minutes
- No need to apply
- Introduction of Chion-in temple
The Chion-in temple is famous for the new year bells. 10-minute walk from “HARUYA Higashiyama”. Every morning everyone regardless of religious denomination can participate in monk ceremony for free.
Chion-in Temple official Website >
- What to experience
First, 20 minutes and 40 minutes for reading Buddhist scriptures, and then 40 minutes for sermon.
There are many people who have never been to visit the monk ceremony. Because the Clerk will guide you to the temple even in the early morning, you can participate in peace of mind for the first time.
- Free of charge
- Model course of the day
5:30 “HARUYA Higashiyama” departs → 10 mins walk → 6:00 Chion-in Temple
- From “HARUYA Higashiyama” to “Chion-in Temple”
We do not need to apply for this activity.
If you have not booked your stay, please make a reservation.