Kasuga Mountain Worship
Lush nature and stone Buddhas of the Heian era.
World heritage · Mt. Kasuga Primeval Forest. A 2 hour to 3 hour course for beginners to intermediate people, chosen as a senior group excursion for kindergarten. Be familiar with nature, history and tradition.
【Reliable for Beginners】
* It is a safe course even with children. It have been chosen locally for the kindergarten senior’s excursion.
* We can return to “HARUYA Naramachi” in 2 hours ~ 3 hours on foot.
* Clothes are casual wear and sneakers.
On the way, you can visit a lot of stone Buddha in fact, more than 900 years ago, from the Nara era to the Heian era. Many are evergreens, we can visit anytime in spring, summer, autumn or winter. Detailed course information on the front desk is available.
- Period: Year-round
- Required time: 120 minutes to 180 minutes
- No application required
- Experience content: Tangible Cultural Properties, Cafe Takabatake Saron (たかばたけ茶論), Shiga Naoya Kyukyo(志賀直哉旧居). National Treasure, Shinyakushiji Temple (新薬師寺). Photo Museum of Nara city (入江泰吉記念 奈良市写真美術館)
- Free of charge
- Model Course of the day 9:00 HARUYA Naramachi → Mt. Kasuga Primeval Forest → Cafe Takabatake Saron (たかばたけ茶論) → Shiga Naoya Kyukyo(志賀直哉旧居) → Shinyakushiji Temple (新薬師寺) → Photo Museum of Nara city (入江泰吉記念 奈良市写真美術館) → 17:00 HARUYA Naramachi
Nara City Official Guide Web Site
- How to go from “HARUYA Naramachi” to “Mt. Kasuga Primeval Forest”